Elongated bowl toilets are preferred for a couple of great reasons. First, the elongated bowl design actually makes the bowl longer in front. Without going into details, this feature is more popular with men. Second, the larger bowl size improves sanitary conditions in your bathroom. Of course, the larger bowl size is naturally more comfortable for large people – much more surface area to sit on!
Elongated toilets are about 2 inches longer, in general, than a round bowl toilet. These toilets are more egg-shaped and are very popular. The elongated toilet is a more comfortable option for most adults, including the big and tall segment of the population. There are plenty of seat options available and they’re cost-competitive with other styles of toilets.
Am. Standard Elongated ToiletAmerican Standard 2462.100.020
- Dims: 30.2 x 20.5 x 29.2 in. Color: White Material: Vitreous China Shape: Elongated Water Use: 1.1 GPF
Toto Elongated ToiletTOTO CST454CEFG#01 Drake II
- Dims: 28.8 x 16.5 x 29.4 in.
- Color: Cotton White
- Material: Vitreous China
- Shape: Elongated
- Water Use: 1.28 GPF
Kohler Elongated ToiletKOHLER K-3609-0 Cimarron Comfort Height Elongated
- Dims: 28.8 x 17.6 x 30.8 in.
- Color: White
- Material: Vitreous China
- Shape: Elongated
- Water Use: 1.28 GPF
- American Standard 2462.100.020
- TOTO CST454CEFG#01 Drake II
- KOHLER K-3609-0 Cimarron Comfort Height Elongated
American Standard has designed and produced some of the industry’s best residential and commercial toilets, and the American Standard 2462.100.020 is no exception. All their toilets are built to easily handle years of severe duty, all the while providing maximum serviceability with minimum maintenance.
- High efficiency, ultra low water consumption (1.1gpf/4.2Lpf). The American Standard 2462.100.020 uses 31% less water than a conventional water-saving toilet.
water than conventional toilets
- Meets EPA WaterSense® guidelines.
- 12″ (305mm) rough-in from wall (will fit in most conventional bathrooms).
- EverClean® Surface – A super-smooth finish that actually improves sanitary conditions.
- Elongated bowl design – for added convenience and enhanced style.
- Pressure-assisted siphon jet flush action – the siphon jet holds extra water for a better flush.
- Fully glazed 2-1/8″ trapway – resists solids sticking to the trapway and causing a clog.
- 10″ x 12″ water surface area – means a large-sized toilet.
- Close-coupled flushometer tank – for minimal space requirements, meaning the tank doesn’t take up excessive space.
- Chrome metal trip lever – hard chrome plated lever for years of maintenance operation and stays looking great.
- Speed Connect® tank/bowl coupling system – A superior and time-tested method of attaching the tank to the base. Based on my years of experience, the Speed Connect system is virtually fool-proof and extremely reliable.
- 2 bolt caps – Holds tank to base and works great. Very simple and inexpensive.
- Sanitary bar on bowl – This feature prevents liquids from collecting under the tank near the back of the toilet. In other words, you shouldn’t get water seeping down the toilet bowl!
- CEC Listed (California Energy Commission), supposedly the strictest standards for many consumer items that use energy and/or water.
Recommended working pressure range 25 psi – 80 psi – meaning that this toilet will work with water pressure found in the vast majority of homes and businesses in the US.
An extraordinarily smooth glazed ceramic that helps keep the bowl cleaner longer.
Tornado Flushing System
Using only 1.28 gallons per flush, the cyclonic rinsing action of the TORNADO FLUSH® reduces waste and debris buildup, keeping the bowl cleaner longer. Two powerful water nozzles create a centrifugal rinsing action in this efficient toilet, even more effective than most multi-flush toilets!
Computer Designed, Fully Glazed Trapway
The fully glazed trapway is a must to reduce waste buildup within the toilet by keeping all passages smooth with a glazed finish. The computer design assures top efficiency with reliable performance for years to come.
Chrome Trip Lever
Chrome-plated finish assures great looks and a lasting shine for years.
The design takes into account people of all ages and their abilities. Toto wants everyone’s bathroom experience to be accessible and convenient, so they design their toilets accordingly.
Toto serves every age and capability without extra specialization or adaptation. This toil
The KOHLER K-3609-0 Cimarron Comfort Height Elongated toilet is a WaterSense®-labeled high-efficiency toilet that combines built-in water conservation with the versatile styling of the KOHLER Cimarron line.
The KOHLER K-3609-0 Cimarron features the proprietary and innovative AquaPiston® flushing technology that delivers a powerful and fast flush on only 1.28 gallons of water – virtually guaranteeing no clogs! You can save an estimated 16,500 gallons per year as compared with a conventional 3.5 gallon flush toilet without sacrificing performance.
The elongated bowl design and optimized seat height that’s about the same as a standard chair, provides ease of use and comfort that’s unmatched by other toilets – in any price range!
Two-piece toilet – this design is optimized for a low price with ease of use and maintenance.
Elongated bowl offers added space and comfort for virtually all body sizes and shapes.
Comfort Height® toilet design feature provides chair-height seating, making sitting and standing while using this toilet comfortable and convenient.
1.28 gallons per flush (gpf) – saves an estimated 16,500 gallons of water per year as compared to a 3.5 gallon per flush toilet.
Left-hand Polished Chrome trip lever included – the chrome finish provides a durable and long lasting design.
Durable canister flushing design has 90% less exposed seal material than a 3-inch flapper, for leak-free performance. This thoughtful design means lower maintenance and repair costs for years to come!
Single-flush gravity-flushing system employs the reliable force of gravity to create a strong siphon during flushing, using a precision-engineered tank, bowl, and trapway.
AquaPiston canister design directs water to flow into the bowl from all sides, increasing the effectiveness of each flush, while providing maximum bowl-cleaning at the same time.
Standard 12-inch rough-in, meaning this toilet will fit most conventional bathrooms.
Water Conservation & Rebates
WaterSense® toilets meet strict EPA flushing guidelines, including the use of at least 20 percent less water than 1.6-gallon flush toilets toilets.
The The KOHLER K-3609-0 Cimarron may be eligible for consumer rebates in some municipalities.